Drug and Marijuana charges are expunged on a regular basis and are one the most popular type of cases petitioned in the NJ courts. In 2011, New Jersey reported 47,168 drug-related arrests, which is by far the largest category of criminal conduct. Possession accounted for approximately 78% of those arrests, and the remaining 22% were … Read moreHow to Get My Record Expunged: Marijuana or Drug Expungement
New Jersey has a number of diversionary programs designed to give defendants alternatives to the traditional criminal justice process. The goal is to deter future criminal activity by providing support and rehabilitative services. The most popular diversion programs in New Jersey are Pretrial Intervention (PTI) and Conditional Discharge. Upon completion of either of these programs, … Read morePTI and Conditional Discharge Expungement
How much does it cost to expunge a record? In New Jersey, the cost of an expungement varies based on the method you use. In this article, we will outline three common methods and the approximate costs associated with each. Do-it-yourself: ~$200 Some people decide to apply for an expungement on their own. The New … Read moreExpungement Cost in New Jersey
Domestic violence is not a crime in and of itself in New Jersey. There are no domestic violence laws or statutes that make up charges you can be convicted of. Instead, domestic violence is a term used to categorize certain crimes carried out against a person protected by the Domestic Violence Act. The definition varies … Read moreDomestic Violence Expungement
Widget not in any sidebars In New Jersey, you DO NOT need a lawyer to expunge your criminal record. In fact, many people get an expungement without help from a lawyer. The procedure is relatively simple and the courts even provide a do-it-yourself kit with decent instructions. However, there are situations where you do want to consider hiring a … Read moreDo I Need a New Jersey Expungement Lawyer?